Sur-Seal®’s Collaborative Solution Process: A process where two or more organizations work together in an intersection of common goals.
Sur-Seal®’s Collaborative Solution Process is a process in which we partner with our customers to create custom solutions that meet their business needs, not just part specifications. We believe that understanding every aspect of our customers business, including their corporate vision and goals, is a key part of the solutions process which gives us insight necessary to deliver complete solutions. We understand that our customer’s corporate goals often times translate into different departmental goals, so we work with each department to determine their individual needs and goals in order to better help all areas within the organization meet and exceed expectations. Some of the areas we focus on are Marketing, Innovation Engineering, Purchasing, Design Engineering, Planning and Scheduling, Production, Quality and Delivery. The phases of Sur-Seal®’s Collaborate Solutions Process:
At Sur-Seal, a solution is only designed once we are all satisfied that it is complete. We understand that partial solutions are not an option. We believe that fully meeting your needs is the only acceptable standard of excellence.
There’s a big difference between completing work, and delivering success. At Sur-Seal, success means that your solution arrives on time, in full, as promised. It means that we’ve continued the trust that is central to long-term collaboration.
The development phase of any solution can be the most challenging phase of all – this is where the complications are uncovered, and this is where Sur-Seal stands apart. We work to ensure that all needs are met; we can even pull from global resources to develop your solution effectively and efficiently.
Sur-Seal® Collaborative Solution Team:
- Marketing: Working to better understand our customer’s needs, requirements, constraints and the government standards that they and their customers face so that we may better aid them in meeting their goals. Example: SEER ratings…..
- Research and Development Team: We work with your innovation group to make sure best in class solutions are available.
- Market Sales: Understanding corporate demand for cost and vendor reductions. Examples: 1) EVE and Vendor reduction through our solutions and diverse product lines. 2) Acuity vendor reduction. 75 suppliers to 2. (Most of this based on our diversity)
- Design Engineering: Assist in recommending the proper material and design layout to reach a solution meeting their requirements. Example: VAVE events. Sur-Seal has participated in several VAVE events with JCI.
- Planning & Scheduling: Works directly with our customer’s planners through JIT reports and supplier portals to make sure the correct number of parts are delivered at the correct time so there is no need for excess inventory. Example: 80% of our parts are delivered in 3 days or less, some delivered multiple times daily.
- Production: Working with our customers as a team to support and continuously improve our Advanced Manufacturing efforts to become best in class. Examples: AME & Acuity program, 20 Keys, 5 S, Lean…….
- Quality: Our quality team working directly with your quality team to better understand your needs so we can identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Delivery: Understanding the total landed cost and expectation of our customers so our supply chain can make sure the correct amount of material and parts are in the pipeline from our raw material supplier to finished parts to your line.