GrafTech eGraf HITHERM
Engineers are being required to design smaller and with longer life. HITHERM is an essential thermal interface material for any engineer’s tool-kit. With best-in-class through-plane thermal conductivity, up to 16 W/m-K, thicknesses as thin as 0.005” and NASA outgassing certification it maintains thermal performance indefinitely.
HITHERM graphite thermal interface materials(TIMs) provide a solution for long-life, zero maintenance applications with extreme heat cycles. HITHERM’s flexible graphite are the ideal thermal management solution for today’s demanding power electronics and lighting.
- Consistent, reliable thermal performance enabling zero maintenance applications
- Will not flow or pump out under any thermal extremes, thermal cycles, or part orientation
- Assembly-ready foil form factor eliminates dispensing and cleaning processes
- NASA outgassing certified
- Silicone-free graphite material eliminates risk of clouding LED optics
- RoHS compliant and UL 94 V0 Listed
- Lighting applications
- Area where heat needs to be transferred to a frame, chassis, or other type of heat spreader
- Applications with limited space for thermal management materials
- Between heat-generating components and a heat sink
|Product Grade Characteristics (1)||Pure Graphite 1200 Series||Polymer Enhanced 2500 Series|
|Typical Thermal Conductivity (2) In-Plane · Through-Plane (W/mK)||10 · 150||16 · 120|
|Thermal Thickness with Tolerance 0.127 mm (0.005”) ± 10%||HT-1205||HT-2505|
|Thermal Thickness with Tolerance 0.250 mm (0.010”) ± 10%||HT-1210||HT-2510|
|Thermal Thickness with Tolerance 0.510 mm (0.020”) ± 10%||HT-1220||-|
|Electrical Resistivity (3) In-Plane · Through-Plane (µΩm)||60 · 1230||80 · 1550|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||-40 TO +400||-25 TO +125|
|Hardness (Shore A)||85||85|
|CTE (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion) In-Plane · Through-Plane (ppm/°C)||-0.4 · 27.0||-0.4 · 27.0|
|Specific heat @ 25°C (J/kg-°C)||710||710|
(1) Properties listed are typical and cannot be used as acceptance or rejection criteria. Product characteristics exclude coatings and adhesives
(2) In-plane conductivity at ambient temperature determined using Angstrom’s method; through-plane determined using ASTM D5470 Modified method.
(3) ASTM C611.4 Point Resistivity Test.
Additional grades available upon request
For other thermal conductivity options and to view full datasheet on your mobile device, please download datasheet in the downloads tab.