Neograf eGraf Spreadershield
Spreadershield has a unique feature set compared to other thermal interface materials as it distributes heat through-plane and in-plane thus allowing it to move heat away from critical components faster. This unique, patented solution takes advantage graphite’s anisotropic thermal properties to both shield heat from sensitive areas and distribute heat evenly to eliminate hot spots in LED lighting and more.
Compared to aluminum and copper, Spreadershield provides superior heat spreading and thermal management for a wide range of electronics applications, from the thinnest and lightest weight to high power devices. Spreadershield products function as both a passive heat spreader and heat shield.
- In-plane conductivity 300-1500 W/mK
- Spreads heat up to 4x Cu and 7x Al
- Saves weight vs alternatives; 30% lighter vs Al, 80% vs Cu
- Thicknesses as low as 25 µm
- Anisotropic ratio up to 300:1
- Available with or without dielectric coating and adhesives
- Lighting applications
- Area where heat needs to be transferred to a frame, chassis, or other type of heat spreader
- Applications with limited space for thermal management materials
- Between heat-generating components and a heat sink
|Product Grade Characteristics (1)||SS300 300 W/mK||SS400 400 W/mK||SS500 500 W/mK|
|Typical Thermal Conductivity (2) In-Plane · Through-Plane (W/mK)||300 · 4.5||400 · 3.7||500 · 2.8|
|Available Thickness Range (mm)||0.51 – 0.94||0.040 – 0.94||0.076 – 0.76|
|Thermal Contact Impedance Per Side (°C cm2/W) @ specified thickness (mm)||0.30 @0.51||0.38 @firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tensile Strength (MPa)||-||9.7||7.7|
|Electrical Resistivity In-Plane(µNM)||6.5||5.2||4.2|
|Electrical Conductivity In-Plane · Through-Plane (S/cm)||1,600 · 28||1,900 · 18||2,400 · 15|
|CTE (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion) In-Plane · Through-Plane (ppm/°C)||-0.4 · 27.0||-0.4 · 27.0||-0.4 · 27.0|
|Flammability Rating||UL 94V-0||UL 94V-0||UL 94V-0|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||-40 TO +400||-40 TO +400||-40 TO +400|
|Specific heat @ 25°C (J/kg-°C)||710||710||710|
(1) Properties listed are typical and cannot be used as acceptance or rejection criteria. Product characteristics exclude coatings and adhesives.
(2) In-plane conductivity at ambient temperature determined using Angstrom’s method; through-plane determined using ASTM D5470 Modified method.
Additional grades available upon request
For other options and to view full datasheet on your mobile device, please download datasheet in the downloads tab.